Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Workin' It Wednesday

Hello Ladies!

Today I am linking up with Shay and Erika for "Working' It Wednesdays"!



Today we are talking about how we keep our kids entertained during the summer.  When I had Brooke and Harrison I always made sure to jam pack their summers full of camps and activities to keep them busy.  After about two years of doing that, and being totally stressed out about having to be someplace and continuing with a strict schedule, and fighting with them about getting up and going I realized that it just wasn't for us.  So by the time I had Jack, AJ and then Olivia I had learned that keeping our summers carefree was what worked best for us.  

We are busy during the school year, as the kids have gotten older their workload is tough, they have sports and activities, and they really crave the downtime and laziness of summer...and I am FINE with that!

The boys are 15 & 13, so their summers consist of staying up way too late playing video games and sleeping until at least noon.  And I let them do that.  In just a few weeks Jack will start summer workouts for football and have to be up and out the door by 7 am, and AJ will follow soon after that.  Olivia is very laid back as well, and loves not having a strict schedule and routine to adhere to during the summer months.  

My kids are pretty easy going, and they don't need to be constantly entertained, they are awesome at entertaining themselves!  So now that they are a little older, keeping them entertained over the summer is easy peasy!  They are happy to stay up late, sleep in, and swim all day.  

I love having my kids home..I love the break from packing lunches, signing agendas and reading logs, we all love being home together just hanging out.  Now that being said come August we will all be getting on each other's nerves and all craving routine and schedule again!

Thanks for stopping by today!  See you back here soon.

xoxo,
Kimm


1 comment:

  1. My 12 yo is totally enjoying her summer. She's at her last camp this week, but the late nights and sleeping in in the mornings has already begun! But I assign her chores to do and they have to be done before I walk through the door in the evenings. It's been nice not having to fold clothes or empty the dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete