Thursday, July 28, 2016

Thursday Thoughts...

Hey there girls!

YES YES!!!

After 3 days home sick with a fever...Olivia is back at school!  It didn't even take a full two weeks for the back to school germs to get her! 

The kids are super excited today...I am heading to airport this morning to pick up their dad, and they are just thrilled he will be here for the weekend! 



I don't know about you guys, but these days I don't even want to turn on the TV...it seems as if every other day there is some senseless shooting, and way too many innocent lives being taken.  I have said it before and I will say it again, this world is getting scarier by the day.  As a mother, I am so over trying to explain all this senseless violence to my children, and trying to tell them that we will be OK and be safe...because the truth is...I don't know if we will be.  I mean we could be in any public place, and some crazy deranged person can just walk in and shoot it all up.  I worry about them at school all the time. Back when Brooke and Harrison were younger I do not ever remember worrying about someone coming into their school with a gun.  But these days...I worry about it all the time.  For the life of me, I just don't understand why there isn't a metal detector in every single school in this country.  I know some of the inner city schools have them, but wake up...this is happening even in the "good" areas.  I am sure there is much more involved to it than I realize, but seriously it just seems like a no brainer to me.  As parents, we should not have to worry about our kids not coming home from school because someone with a gun can get in and just kill everyone!

The lack of respect for human life is sickening to me.  I mean what type of person gets so mad, that they feel the need to go grab their gun and just kill them?  So scary!  Now a days you really need to think twice about what you say to people, and I find myself stressing that to my children all the time.  Years ago, I can remember having tiffs with neighbors, friends, co-workers, probably having a few choice words, and I never ever worried about them killing me.  The biggest worry was having your neighbor pissed off for a few days.  It makes me sad that people don't know how to talk anymore and work things out, haven't we seen by now, violence is NEVER the answer. 

Respect for others seems to be non-existent these days.  And well that is just scary!  I am all for freedom of speech, but seriously sometimes people just need to shut  up.  There is a VERY big difference between freedom of speech and just plain being disrespectful and an a-hole.  And I think what scares me the most is how many young children are just being brought up, thinking it is OK to just not have respect if they don't agree with it.  I want my children to have their own opinions and thoughts, however, I have always taught them, though they may not always agree with others, they must always respect them.  We are not all going to get along, we are all not going to like one another, we are all not going to agree on everything...and that is a good thing, because how boring would life be!  Liking someone and respecting them are totally different, and do not go hand in hand, in my opinion.  You don't have to like someone, or their views, thoughts or whatever, but you do need to respect them and their opinions. 

I truly believe if we would all just be more accepting of others this world would slowly get better.  We all have our own opinions and such when it comes to race, gay, lesbian, religion, politics, etc...and that is OK...at the end of the day we are all the same aren't we?  We are all human, and we should all be able to live our lives the way that makes us happy, not society.  I truly believe we can have our own opinions, but we can still be respectful and accepting of those that choose to live differently than we would. 

Every day I pray that this world gets better...as a mom raising young kids, it really is scary!

Those are my thoughts for today.  Hope you all have a great day today!  Be sure to check back tomorrow for Friday Favorites!






1 comment:

  1. Yay for Olivia feeling better! Hope the kids have a fantastic visit with their dad :)

    ReplyDelete