Monday, February 13, 2017

Nuggets Link Up...Nurturing Relationships

Happy Monday Ladies!  

I hope y'all had a great weekend and are ready to have an awesome week!

Today I am linking up with The Blended Blog for their "Nuggets" Link up!  Be sure to link up too!



Today we are talking about nurturing relationships.  Having a good, healthy relationship takes work, but like anything else in life, the more you put into something, the more you get out of it.  I wrote a little last week how we keep our marriage strong, you can read it here .

The most important relationships in my life are the relationships I have with my husband, my children, and my ex-husband.  I am sure that last one has some people scratching their head....lol.  

Going through a divorce sucks, and it for sure is never easy, but I see all too often that people let their anger towards their ex just consume them, and I just wasn't going to let that happen.  I have worked VERY hard to keep a healthy relationship with my ex-husband, it hasn't always been easy, but I can tell you 100% that it has totally been worth it.  I have talked many times before about my divorce and the relationship that I have with my ex-husband, and I am very proud of it.  I don't want to go through my life with anger and resentment, so getting to the point of having a healthy relationship with my ex has been wonderful.  We are able to come together, spend time together, with no animosity or anything, and just be parents to our children.  Even though we are no longer married, we spent 20 years of our life together, and that relationship will always mean something to me and be special to me, so it is important for not only my children, but for me to keep it good.

Having a great relationship with my children is very important.  And as most of you know, being parent comes with lots of highs and LOTS of lows.  Lots of doses of tough love are given out, and we all go through those times, when our kids "hate" us, because we are the worst parents EVER!  I have learned in my almost 25 years of being a mom, that tough love is absolutely some of the best love you can give.  I am a firm believer that you don't need to be your child's friend as you're raising them, you just need to be their parent.  And I have found that by being their parent, and sometimes being the mean, strict, bad guy, when they are adults it is very easy to have a friendship with them.  I have now raised two children, and I treasure so much the relationship and friendship I have with both of them.  

The most important relationship is the one I have with my husband.  Being married can be hard sometimes, and making that relationship as strong and good as it can be is very important to both Mark and I.  When we focus on our marriage and put it first, we are satisfied and happy, and it just makes us better at everything else.  We work every single day to make our marriage work.

Nurturing relationships isn't always easy, and sometimes it takes time, but having healthy, fulfilling relationships is the best part of life.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  See you guys back here tomorrow for Show and Tell Tuesday!

xoxo,
Kimm


4 comments:

  1. Your stance on your relationship with your ex-husband has always been so solid! That's such a great foundation for your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet one, your post is so full of wisdom and sage advice. Divorce sucks but the most important thing to remember is that we aren't divorcing our children. And the same guy we are divorcing is the very one (in most cases) who gave us these angels to begin with. Your children are blessed to have such an insightful mom. Thanks for joining The Blended Blog link-up today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much truth in this post- it's too bad that it's so hard for some people to do when really, it is so healthy for the kids. Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete