Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Happy New Year...Reflecting And Looking Ahead

Happy New Year!


I cannot believe it is 2018...but I was so happy to see 2017 come to an end!  It has been well over 3 months since I last put up a blog post, and so much has changed over the last few months for us...and I'll be sharing a post later this week about all that has been going on in our crazy life!

I have definitely missed this little space, and I appreciate so much the messages I have gotten from you guys checking in on me and my family, even though most of you I have never "met", I truly consider so many of you a friend, and I really am thankful for each and everyone of you guys!  

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season...we sure did, but we were READY for 2017 to be GONE!  2017 was not a great year for us, it was definitely filled with more lows than highs, more sad than happy...and I was pretty darn happy to kiss it goodbye.  I look back over 2017 and though it was a tough year, I learned a lot about myself, my marriage, and that I am definitely stronger than I thought I was.  More days than not were a true struggle, and most days I spent stressed out and non stop worrying about everything.  I am definitely heading into 2018 with a positive attitude, and definitely feeling a bit wiser.  

I am definitely excited to get back blogging regularly, and sharing life with y'all again!  During the time I wasn't posting on the blog I gave a lot of thought to what I want this little space to be, and then thought maybe I just wouldn't put up anymore posts at all.  I have said this many times before, for the most part I truly love this little community and all the amazing people I have "met".  Most are so encouraging and supportive, and I absolutely LOVE that.  There will always be someone out there trying to blow out someone else candle to make theirs shine brighter, and as much as I hate that, I know there isn't anything you can do about people like that, and no matter what you put out there...they will find a way to pick you apart over it.  The most important thing I learned over the course of last year was that no matter how hard you try, there are just some things you truly have no control over, and no matter how much you wish for things or people to change, you just have to sit back and accept what is.  I truly love this blog and all of you for following along!  

Hope you are all having a great start to the week an I will see you guys back here soon!


xoxo,
Kimm


15 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blog land! I have missed keeping up with your fam through your blog. Praying 2018 treats you better than 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you had a tough 2017! It's good to see you back! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you're back! I have missed you here but it has been fun keeping up with you on Instagram! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Kimm! I have missed you and wondered how you were doing. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Happy to see you blogging again. πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you’re back blogging again! I’m encouraging you to continue in spite of the negativity you may have encountered. It takes a lot of courage and strength to write a blog that exposes both your personal life and family to complete strangers. One of the most refreshing things about your blog was that you are a blended family through remarriage and that brings its own set of unique circumstances. There aren’t many blogs on the internet that offer that. Some of the most memorable and helpful blog posts I have read from bloggers have been ones where they write about their not so great moments and struggles. After all, that is real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ! It’s like you’re damned if you do damned if you don’t. Lol. If you share all the good stuff people think you’re fake...when you share the not so good stuff people think you’re a train wreck. I appreciate you taking the time tonrwad and comment. Happy new year

      Delete
  7. Am sorry you had a rough year. But am happy to see you resume blogging, you've been missed!

    ReplyDelete