Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Few Reviews

Happy Tuesday Ladies!
 
Hope you all had a great weekend!  Ours was pretty low key but it was nice, and we are all pretty excited that Thursday is the last day of school, and Mark and I are pretty excited to be heading to the beach this weekend for a little kid free getaway!
 
 
Our Sunday consisted of cleaning out the garage and the kids washing our cars!
 
 

And Chico got a bath and enjoyed some doggy ice cream!
 
One of the things I love most about blogging is sharing some of my favorite things with you guys.  One of my favorite things about reading other blogs is getting ideas and opinions on what y'all are using and loving.  I love being able to buy something knowing someone that already has the item and loves it.  I do not use any type of links in my blog that earn me a commission or anything like that, so the items I post about and share, are items that I actually own and use. 
 
Today I thought I would review a few products that I use and why I love them, and also something I shared in the past, really wanted to love, but just did not.
 
I got this sweeper last week, and I am OBSESSED!  A few years back I had a Shark sweeper and loved it, and sadly Harrison broke the handle and I never replaced it or got something else.  Since we have moved, our home is mainly tile floors, and with kids and now a dog, there is always something that needs to be swept up!  What I hated about using a broom and dust pan was that I felt like no matter how hard I tried, not everything would make it into the dustpan, and there was always something that just stayed on the floor....so annoying right!!!  This little thing is GREAT, and it picks up all the debris!  We have a covered lanai and I have been using it out there daily!  It just picks up all the dust and dog hair. 
 
I ordered mine from Amazon, because duh two day free shipping, and the price was good, in my opinion, I paid $42.00 for it. It was super easy to set up, and I just let it charge overnight, (they recommend 16 hours for the initial charge) and it works perfectly!  We leave it in the garage, plugged in, and then we just grab it for a quick clean up.  I have also used it on the carpet for a quick clean up of some cracker crumbs (thanks Olivia) and it worked great, and so much easier than lugging out the big vacuum.  And the kids don't mind sweeping up for me now...so right there that is a huge plus for me!
 
Its super lightweight and does an awesome job!
 

And after you are done, you just remove that little tray, dump it out and you are good to go for your next sweep! 
 
If you are looking for a sweeper, I would highly recommend this one!
 
 
 
I cannot say enough about my S'well water bottle.  I bought mine a few months ago, I went back and forth for a while, because it was a little pricey, in my opinion, for a water bottle, but this thing is totally worth the price tag!  I have the gold 25 oz. one and when I tell you it keeps my water ice cold, girls, it keeps my water ICE cold....FOR DAYS, literally DAYS! 
 
I have been trying to drink more water, and when I drink water it needs to be COLD, what I hated about water bottles was they didn't stay cold long enough, especially if I was at the ball field, at the park with Olivia, or just driving in my car.  And one of the things I hate most is when my drinks "sweat", I hate that my hands, my cup holder and everything is just wet...this water bottle solves alls those issues for me...keeps my water cold, and it doesn't sweat...WIN WIN! 
 
It is HOT where we live, and we can be at the park and it is every bit of 90 degrees out, and my water bottle can be sitting on a picnic table, for an hour, and that water is still ice cold and so refreshing. 
 
It fits perfectly in my cup holder on my new bike, and I love being able to go for a bike ride, and have a cold drink!  When I initially placed my order, they sent me the wrong size, they sent me the 17oz, and I have given that one to AJ, and he uses it every single day.  My boys play HARD, and it is HOT here, so AJ loves having cold water with him.  I am going to order one for Jack too.  He has just a plastic water bottle from Target and he complains that it is so warm by the time he drinks it. 
 
I ordered mine directly from S'well, but I have seen them many other places also.  I was also in Target last week, and noticed they had a S'ip by S'well, you can find them here , I haven't tried them but I would assume they are just as awesome as the original S'well.  I may snag one for Jack there. 
 
I love my gold S'well!
 
For size comparison, here they are side by side, I use the 25oz, and AJ has the 17oz size! 
 
If you are looking for a water bottle to keep your beverages COLD, I cannot recommend this product enough.  I have not tried them with a hot beverage, but they say it keeps your beverage hot for like 12 hours!
 
 
 
Clearly, I like my drinks cold!  So my next favorite product is along the same lines as my S'well bottle.  It is no secret I love me some Pepsi, to me there is nothing greater than a can of Pepsi.  I don't like it in a bottle, I don't really care for it in a glass with ice, I love drinking it straight from the can!  But again, the can would sweat, and the drink would go from cold to warm too quick for my liking!
 
I ordered this Yeti Colster for Harrison for Christmas and he LOVED it!  So in February I ordered one for Mark, he is a big Coke drinker, and will have a beer occasionally, and much like me, he hates a warm drink, and neither one of us are fans of the can sweating, leaving marks on the table!  He was so excited when his little colster arrived, and he couldn't believe how ice cold it kept his drink.  Again, it is HOT here, and he can sit outside and his drink stays cold and his hands stay dry!  Well it took all of about 3 minutes of him having one, that I realized I needed one too!  I ordered all of ours from Academy Sports, because I am all about FREE shipping, and their delivery is super quick! 
 
We use these every single day!  And they are awesome for cookouts and concerts, no more warm drinks!  We are looking to get a boat here soon, and no doubt these will come in super handy while we are out on the water!
 
Everything is better with a monogram right??  I ordered these super cute vinyl decals from Etsy for about $3 each!
 

We are a YETI family!
 

His and hers monograms for the win!
 
These would really make an awesome Father's Day or Graduation gift!
 
 
I have talked quite a bit about how much I love love love my Simplified Planner , I love technology and my iPhone and Apple Watch, but I am still very much "old school" and love writing things down.  Basically, if I don't write it down, odds are I will most likely forget! 
 
Two years ago I bought an Erin Condren planner, and it was OK...I wasn't totally impressed and didn't love it.  I had seen lots of people talking about the Simplified Planner and decided to give it a try...and I am glad I did.  I absolutely LOVE it.  Yes, it is a little pricey for a planner, but again to me I thought it was worth it, and the layout worked for me. 
 
There were LOTS of fun cover choices, and this little pineapple cover is just darling!  It looks so cute just sitting on my desk!
 
I love that it has the whole month at a view, so I can just jot down things and look at the entire month at once so I have an idea of what is going for that month, upcoming birthdays, etc....
 

I love that each day has it's own page.  There is a place where the time is for appointments, etc, and then there is a place for your "to do list" then at the bottom a place for your meal plan, and a little section for notes.  Plenty of space for everything!
 

Saturday and Sunday share a page, and I love that each week it has a place for you to jot down a special or happy memory for the week. I loved going through my planner from last year, looking at all my little happy memories! 
 
I have noticed as I have gotten older my memory just isn't what it used to be!  Years ago I could remember everything, these days, I can't seem to remember a thing.  This definitely helps keep me organized, it ensures that I am sending out birthday cards to my family out of state, it makes sure I don't miss things like football sign-ups, yearly physicals, dentist appointments, school conferences, etc....
 
Now I know I could probably run to Target or Walmart and get the same darn thing for half the price, but I really just love a cute planner.  If you are like me, and need to write things down, and are looking for a great planner definitely check this one out.
 
 
 
I have had my new Apple Watch for a little over a week now and so far I am loving it.  On Friday I shared with you guys a little bit about it and how I made 3 trips to Best Buy until I found the one I loved! I got the larger size, rose gold, aluminum sport one.  The price point was the best, and that definitely factored into my decision, I was NOT looking to spend a TON of money on it. 
 
I have always worn more of a "dressier" watch, so I was a little worried that I wouldn't love wearing this every day, boy was I wrong.  I love that you have the option to change out the bands, so you can make it a little more "fancy", but I am still wearing the band it came with, and honestly I really like it, and have not yet bought another band.  So many people have said you can get replacement bands super cheap on Amazon, but I have noticed that most of the replacement bands I have seen have a silver type clasp, an with the rose gold case, it kinda makes me nuts that it would not match...yes I am weird like that! 
 
I saw this band online at Target and am really loving it.  I have not ordered it yet, but am thinking down the road I am definitely going to get it, to kind of "dress up" my watch.
 
For me, the watch has definitely had me looking at my phone WAY less, which is great.  I don't take nearly as many pictures as I used to, but I definitely feel like I am more in the moment now, rather than trying to capture the perfect moment, if that makes sense. 
 
I love being able to see my text messages pop up, and I can respond real quickly to them if I need to respond right away.  Most of the emails I get are JUNK, but I like being notified when they come in, and if I see it is something important, like from the kids school, or a banking notification I can look at it quickly. 
 
Since getting my new bike last week, I am really getting back into exercise, and the fitness app is my favorite, which has surprised me, because I was least excited about that feature when I first got the watch.  I love that it has an outdoor cycle feature, so when I am out riding in the mornings, or at night with the family, it keeps track of my distance, and calories burned.  It's like I want all the circles to be filled up, so it kind of pushes me to keep going, meeting all my fitness goals for the day!  I love the animated emojis too, AJ loves when I send them to him!
 
 
 
Like I said I have only had the watch a little over a week, but so far I am really loving everything about it!  I put it on first thing in the morning, and by the time I go to bed at night I have about 50% left on the battery, and I just place it on the charger each night while I am sleeping. 
 
I bought my watch at Best Buy, because the closest Apple store is over an hour away, and at the time of purchase I did not buy the Apple Care, but a few days later I called Apple and got it.  You have 60 days from the date of purchase to add the Apple care, and I would recommend getting it. 
 
Those of you that have the Apple Watch, I would LOVE to hear what you love best about yours, any apps that you would recommend, or anything you can share with me about it! 
 
 
 
Now I am going to share with you something that I really wanted to love, something that I talked about a lot, but sadly just didn't love it, and I thought I would share my opinions with you on it!
 
It is NO secret that I love candles, and the Volcano scent from Anthro is hands down my absolute favorite ever!  I would always always buy this one, the $28 size one.  I burn a candle every day pretty much, and I was burning one candle a month it seemed.  The smell is just amazing, not overpowering, but you would walk into my house and it just smelled good! 
 
I was REALLY wanting the larger size one, but just couldn't bring myself to spend $88 on a candle...I mentioned it to Mark and he just gave me a look like "woman you are out of your damn mind"....so basically no way was me buying this candle going to be an option!  Well....for part of my birthday gift, my mom bought me the candle...and yippee I was so flippin excited! 
 
So big and so beautiful!  I started burning it and about a week into burning it I noticed it was not burning evenly, and quickly realized so much of this candle would be wasted.  I called Customer Service, explained the situation and they sent me out a new one...that was pretty cool. 
 
My first candle arrived around March 20, I burned it for about two weeks before the replacement came.  Once the replacement came I burned it every day, and it did burn evenly, so no wax wasted which was good. 
 
My thought process was, I was buying the $28 candle about once a month, so I thought by buying the larger one, economically, it would be a better value, as I assumed I would get a great deal of time out of it.....sadly that was NOT the case. 
 
I have just had the candle for about 2 months, and it is completely done burning...to say I was super disappointed is a huge understatement! 
 

The candle is super pretty, a great statement piece for my little table, and looks amazing when lit, but I would definitely not buy this again.  It was crazy expensive, and it is much cheaper for me to continue to just buy the $28 one each month.  I had told myself that when Anthro had 20% off and free shipping around the holidays I would really splurge and get the ginormous one for $178, but I just don't know if that will happen.  This candle lasted me roughly two months, for $88, for $112 I can buy the small ones and have four months worth of candles...so from a financial standpoint it makes the most sense for me. 
 
In addition to the amazing smell of this candle, the jars are just so pretty, and I reuse all the jars.  I just clean out all the leftover wax and take out the wicks and use them for other things around my house!
 
I am in the process of cleaning out the wax of my big one and I am going to put it on my table on our lanai and put citronella votives in it.  The jar does look so pretty when it is lit up!
 
Love the jars!
 

This one is up with our coffee mugs and has become a great little change holder.
 

This one is also in that same cabinet and hold tea bags.
 

These white ones are on my desk are the perfect little containers to hold my pens and such!
 
So basically, I love love love the Volcano scent, I cannot recommend it enough, but for me, the large candle definitely did NOT live up to my expectations!
 
So there you have it....a little review of some of my favorite things!  Hope you all have a great Tuesday!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Apple Watch

19 comments:

  1. So that sweeper can be used on tile? Like kitchen / bathroom floors? I may need to get one of those!!! Sweeping those floors is like my most hated chore! I use a broom and dustpan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen! Yes I believe it's made for hardwood/tile but it does work for a quick pick up on carpet. It is awesome in the kitchen and especially the bathroom, it's gets everything, hair and all off the floor. I would definitely get it if you hate to sweep!!!

      Delete
    2. No problem! Let me know if you decide to get one! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. No show and tell Tuesday link up? Would love to hear about your favorite vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No link up today! And honestly I don't have a favorite vacation. I love everything that we have done from our trips just the two of us to beach trips and Michigan trips with the kids. Truly don't have a favorite have a great day

      Delete
  3. LOVE a good, Honest product review!! So much good I for today. We are a Yeti family too and the newest rambler is HUGE!Great for a day of boating for sure! Bummer about the Volcano candle. I wonder if Mark could drill a few small holes and you could drop new wicks into the wax you have left? And that Apple band- I better order that now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely bummed about the candle. I just thought it would last longer than 2 months. And isn't that band awesome !??? Have a great day !

      Delete
  4. I love my Apple Watch - I got it for medical purposes (do that I can monitor my heart rate) and I love it. My doctor was recommending a specific device that does the same thing (monitors heart rate) but was the same price - so this just made more sense. I also love that the alarm works right on my wrist or if I'm in a meeting at work I get the notifications if I have a text. I also have a Swell bottle at my doctor's recommendation. I used to drink NO water because I just don't enjoy it. I tried adding flavor and that mildly helped, but by the time I finished the bottle it was warm. So for Christmas I asked for one and it's great. I have the one that is kinda grainy on the sides so it's easier to grip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren! The watch is so great. And seriously the water bottle is simply the best have a great day!

      Delete
  5. I am headed over to amazon right now to buy that sweeper. I loathe sweeping our kitchen floor. With an almost 3 year old and an infant this will make the task that much quicker and my little one would even pitch in and do it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Kelli! You will love it! I don't even mind sweeping now. And my kids don't either. Let me know what you think !!!

      Delete
  6. Of all the fun things you recommended, the sweeper intrigued me the most. I may be a little boring. We have a combo of wood, slate and carpet...and I have 3 kids...and stairs...you see where I'm going with this. My vacuum is so heavy, that sweeper looks handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get the sweeper. And I forgot to mention, the handle comes off so you can use the sweeper part on cushions, steps, etc. it's awesome

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the sweeper tips I've been wanting one for awhile, just been wondering how well they work. The price is pretty good. Now I just have to convince the hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey steph! I am loving it! I use it every day sometimes twice a day and it picks up way better than an ordinary broom and dust pan. And the handle also detaches so you can use for a quick sweep of your steps or furniture ! Have a great day!

      Delete
  8. Hi Kimm! I decided to order one of the coolers for my boyfriend's birthday - can you let me know where on Etsy you got the decals? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lauren. I got he decal for marks yeti on etsy, the shop was custom vinyl by design

      Delete
  9. Thanks!! Hope you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete