Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!
 
Today I am linking up with Andrea , Erika and Narci and sharing my Friday Favorites.  Be sure to grab the graphic and link up too!
 


ONE
 
I love walking into Olivia's room and seeing that she made her bed, and has her slippers lined up just perfectly by it.  Yes I realize she put the bedspread on the wrong way, but I don't even care and I didn't even fix it.  Seeing her do these things on her own, without being told is definitely a favorite of mine!
 
TWO
I was at the mall yesterday shopping for Father's Day and went into Anthropologie and snagged this
 shirt...love a great sale!  It's so super cute, and I love the store had it because I hate paying shipping.
 
THREE
I told you guys last week that I bought my very first pair of wedges , and well not only are they a favorite of mine, but Olivia is loving them too...and they are still on sale!
 
FOUR
My step-son is here visiting us from Michigan this week, and Mark and I just sat in the kitchen looking at all our boys sitting at the table together...having our kids all together is definitely a favorite!
 
FIVE
So I told you guys about two months ago that we had a pipe leak and had some major damage due to water leaking, we had walls replaced upstairs and downstairs, all new hardwood flooring put in...well Sunday night Harrison happened to get up around midnight for something to eat, and well thank God he did, because there was about an inch of water covering our kitchen floor, and water gushing, and I mean gushing from our freezer.  After disconnecting the water and cleaning up the mess, the little boys ran upstairs to let us know the water was pouring through the ceiling...yup right in the same spot that was all just fixed!  Can you even believe all this damage was caused because our ice maker broke, and got stuck in the fill position, the repair man told us, had Harrison not woken up the entire house would have been flooded by morning...holy heck!  Now obviously our kitchen torn up and holes cut in the ceiling downstairs isn't a favorite of mine, however not being able to use the kitchen this week and not having to cook in this ridiculous heat is a favorite of mine!
 
SIX
I know I say it a lot, but the bond between these two is just so incredible...these two and the love they have for each other is always a favorite of mine!
 
SEVEN

It's Father's Day on Sunday, and I am so thankful that I get to raise my children with this amazing man.  I am so beyond blessed to have him by my side!
 
This right here is proof that love, NOT blood makes a family!  Happy Father's Day to my amazing husband and all the dads out there!
 
Hope you all have a great weekend, be sure to check back Monday for our Weekend Wrap-Up!
 
 
 



9 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all are having a good start to your summer minus the whole water fiasco! At least you've taken a positive spin on it :) Have a great weekend, friend!

    Lauren
    www.postgradinprogress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute about Olivia making her bed. I'm still trying to teach mine!! And also cute about the wedges..again our daughters seem very similar!
    Have the best wknd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet olivia and cate would be instant bff ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh girl!!! So glad your son woke up! But you're so right by looking on the positive side-no cooking for you! :). You look darling in that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimm, where is that hat from in the pic of you and your hubby? It's so cute, and I need a sun hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not I got it at target and it was like $12! Have a great weekend !!!!

      Delete
  5. Kimm--- sooo sorry to hear about the water problems! Oh my goodness... I hope it will get remedied quickly - never fun to be living/walking in a construction zone. Happy Father's Day to Mark and your ex - and love not blood makes a family. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. Have a great weekend !!!

      Delete