Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Today's Tuesday...and It's All About Harrison

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!  Today my post is all about Harrison.....I cannot even believe that he is turning 19 today....it really feels like just yesterday he was born...and its as if overnight 19 years have flown by and BAM he is all grown up now.

I remember very clearly sitting in the doctor's office back in the summer of 1995, super excited to have my ultrasound, I was pretty much convinced I was having another girl...my pregnancy had been going the same way it did when I was pregnant the first time, and I truly couldn't even imagine having a son, so I had myself convinced I would be having another daughter....well, the image popped on the screen and we quickly realized there was no little girl growing inside of me....it was a BOY!!!!!  My husband's face lit up, I mean every father wants a son to raise, so for him I was just thrilled, and I will admit the thought of having a boy and a girl did make me happy....but wait a second....what the heck was I going to do with a little boy....I am pretty much an over the top girly girl, I am all about all things pink, glittery, sparkly, etc....I was not a fan of super heros, matchbox cars, or dirt, I secretly began to panic!!!!

On a cold, snowy December night we welcomed our son into this world, and it was truly love at first sight...he was the most beautiful, perfect little boy I had ever seen, and he was all mine!!!!  Our all pink, princess, Barbie filled world quickly started sharing space with all things blue, matchbox cars, and super heroes, and let me tell you...it was AWESOME!  I was fretting about becoming a boy mom....and I kind of surprised myself a little bit how much I was enjoying all the things that came with raising a little boy.  I can remember my mother telling me that there was something really special about the bond between a mother and her son, and oh boy was she right....little boys really love their mamas!!

Sweet baby Harrison

It has been a pure joy to watch that sweet little blue eyed boy grow up to be a man that I am so proud to call my son.  Parenting is always a little stressful, in my opinion, during the teenage years, but I was so fortunate to never have to encounter any real problems with Harrison, he is just a good kid, certainly not perfect, but after listening to some horror stories from other parents, I know how lucky I am!!!

20 years ago I would have told you I could never ever imagine having a son...and today I can tell you that I absolutely could NOT imagine my life to be as full or as happy as it is without having a son.

I mean...that chubby little face...LOVE

All dressed up looking super handsome!

Totally cute...YES!!!!!

He loved wearing this army attire!!!

As I was going through pictures he told me not to use this one, but oh he was just adorable...those rosy cheeks, that smile....AAAHHH!!!!



One of my favorite players to watch in action #80!!


I absolutely love babies....obviously I have had 5!!!.....and I hate that they don't stay babies for long, and that they just grow up so quick, but it really is such a wonderful feeling to look at your adult child, and know you did your job right...I am not saying I am a perfect parent, I don't even think there is such a thing, but I know for the first 18 years of his life I equipped him with all he needs to go out there and be a successful adult.  I am so extremely proud of the young man he has grown up to be.  He is kind, smart, good hearted and he is so so funny!  The other kiddos couldn't have asked to have a better brother, he spends so much time with his two little brothers, and coaches their football team, it makes my heart so happy to see, even with a substantial age difference, they have a bond that can never be broken.

Best big brother ever!!

I am so proud to be this boy's mom, and I am so so thankful that he made me a "boy mom", truly one of the greatest gifts I have ever received!

Happy Birthday Harrison

Be sure to check back tomorrow to see what we have been wearing over here!  Thanks for stopping by today...Happy Tuesday


4 comments:

  1. That picture of him in his polo and khakis is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna have to agree with you !! Ha! He was just the cutest!!!!

      Delete
  2. What a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you !!!!! He is pretty darn great ! Thanks for reading !!!!

      Delete