Thursday, March 24, 2016

A Taste Of Thursday...Our Favorite Sloppy Joes

Happy Thursday Friends!
 
Today is like my Friday...the boys are done with school today, and I am looking forward to a nice 3 day weekend with my peeps:)
 
 
So today I am going to share with you guys one of my family's favorite meals.....Sloppy Joes!  Seriously, everyone in my house LOVES them!  I have tried lots of different recipes over the years, and we have even done Manwich a time or two......or FIFTY!  I love this meal because it is super simple to make, and I hear ZERO complaints at the dinner table...all the moms out there can totally appreciate that little fact right there as a huge WIN!
 
I love cooking for my family, however I don't have a ton of time to spend in the kitchen, so I really love quick, easy recipes, especially during the busy weeknights!  I have been making lots of Shay's recipes for a few years now, and I have always had success with them...meaning they were easy to make, quick to get on the table, tasted good, and my kids and hubby liked it!  Like I said...that's a WIN!  A few weeks back Shay was sweet enough to send me her two little cookbooks, and I was so excited to see the recipe that we use for Sloppy Joes was in there!  Now, in her book it isn't really a sloppy joe recipe, however two years ago when I made her Beefy Cornbread Casserole, I knew if I eliminated the cornbread they would be some delicious sloppy joes!  So a few days later, I took the recipe, and eliminated the whole cornbread part and baking it in the oven, and viola.....our favorite Sloppy Joes were born! 
 
So today, I am going to share it with you...if you and your family love a good sloppy joe...you need to try this!
 
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion chopped
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
 
Brown your ground beef and onion, until the beef is cooked and crumbly; drain fat.
 


 
  Stir in the remaining ingredients


Reduce heat to low and simmer.
 
 
Serve on hamburger buns and enjoy!
 
I know I don't take the best food pics...but please look beyond that and seriously make these sloppy joes !
 
If you guys are looking for quick, easy meals to get on the table on those busy nights you can find Mix and Match Mama's Meal Planner here and if you need a yummy cake for dessert you can find Mix and Match Cakes here
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to check back tomorrow for Friday Favorites!



 
 
 
 
 
 


15 comments:

  1. I love Shay's recipes! I always look at sloppy joes and think they would be good over a baked potato...yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even thought about that but it sounds yummy!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kimm!!! I love a sloppy joe and these sound great. What side do you suggest? I really like to incorporate greens into my meals. I'm thinking this dish would be easy to sneak veggies in as well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could totally sneak some in for sure !!! We eat a lot of broccoli and that's a side dish often for us over here.

      Delete
  3. Doritos as a side? Klassy, Kimmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AJ always has Doritos with sloppy joes...Sorry his dinner isn't "klassy" enough or up to your dinner standards. Have you never had a sandwich and some chips? If not you're seriously missing out

      Delete
    2. This made me laugh! I feel like chips is standard as a side for any sandwich for kids!

      Delete
    3. I'm not a kid and I like chips with my sandwiches. People just like to be mean. ;)

      Delete
    4. Ugh. So rude. That comment is from someone who is obviously familiar with Doritos herself and is probably munching on them right now. So judgmental.

      Happy Easter!

      Delete
    5. Hi Gretchen! I normally don't post mean comments, but this one was almost laughable to me so I did;). If she wants to judge me for my family eating Doritos she sure can...no shame here! Thanks for stopping by today. Have a wonderful Easter weekend !!!

      Delete
    6. Lol!! This made me laugh. Growing up we often had chips as a side with lunch or dinner if we had sandwiches. Now my husband is horrified if I serve chips as a side to a meal..to him, they are only a snack food?! Haha to each his own I guess, but you're right, they're missing out! ;)

      Delete
    7. Hi Jen! I'm a firm believer in to each his own. We like chips at our house, and sometimes some Doritos are the perfect side dish;). Have a great weekend !! Happy Easter

      Delete
  4. My hubby and I love sloppy joes. Our kids do not! But we are getting them there. We use mustard in ours as well and some garlic. And it's super easy to sneak shredded carrots in to this! We sneak carrots in to tacos too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish Tony liked sloppy joe's! Growing up that was a staple for our house but neither my kids or my hubby took a fancy to them and I have tried many different ways to serve them! But I might have to try this when I am over at the beach house and he's not with me! Have a happy easter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Kim! Have a wonderful Easter my friend

      Delete